The instructions below detail how to Locate, Install and Activate the MS Robots.txt Manager WordPress Plugin from within the Network Admin of your WordPress install.
- It is recommended that you use the built-in WordPress installer to install plugins.
- The Plugin will only activate and work on WordPress Multisite Networks.
Network Admin Install
Access the Network Admin of your WordPress Install.
- Click the Plugins Menu.
- Click the ‘Add New’ link.
- In the search box, enter: robots.txt.
- Click the ‘Search Plugins’ button.
Searching the plugins will return a listing of Robots.txt WordPress Plugins.
- Locate the plugin named ‘Multisite Robots.txt Manager’ by tribalNerd.
- Click the ‘Install Now’ link.
- Click ‘OK’ when the – are you sure – warning box opens.
- Note: If this is the first time you’ve installed a WordPress Plugin, enter the FTP login credential information. If you’ve installed a Plugin before, it will still have the login information. [more]
After the plugin has been installed you’ll get a successful page.
- Click the ‘Network Activate’ link on the success page.
- Otherwise: Return to the Plugins Admin and locate the: ‘Multisite Robots.txt Manager | MS Robots.txt’ plugin.
- Click the ‘Network Activate’ link.
The plugin has now been installed and is ready to be setup.
• Return to: Help Documents Home